Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Difference


I got up early one morning

and rushed right into the day;

I had so much to accomplish

that I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me,

and heavier came each task,

"Why doesn't God help me?"

I wondered,

He answered, "You didn't ask".




I wanted to see joy and beauty,

but the day toiled on grey and bleak,

I wondered why God didn't show me,

He said, "You didn't seek".

I tried to come into God's presence;

I used all my keys at the lock,

God gently and lovingly chided,

"My child, you didn't knocked".




I woke up early this morning,

and paused before entering the day;

I had so much to accomplish

that I had to take time to pray.




God isn't by-passing us, He's passing by...

1 comment:

Charis said...

This encouraged me!! (: Thnks ahtan.