Friday, March 23, 2007

a song within

I always thought that every situation, every happening has a song to describe it.. hidden, in it. Much like what desmond(sorry to take what u have said into my post! hehe) mentions the way he fits songs into ppl, it's kinda like within each and every object.. and hey... it's not that difficult to understand is it? so long as you can feel the "goosebumps" when hearing that song(amen pastor jeremy).

But then i realised it's gotta be something deeper.. deeper than our feelings.. otherwise... all of us would only be reactions... Let me show you a portion of 7 HEP which speaks about love.. maybe you will understand..

" At one seminar where I was speaking on the concept of proactivity, a man came up and said, "Stephen, I like what you're saying. But every sitiuation is so different. Look at my marriage. I'm really worried. My wife and i just don't have the same feelings for each other we used to have. I guess i just don't love her anymore and she doesn't love me. What can I do?"
"The feeling isn't there anymore?" I asked.
"That's right," he affirmed."And we have three children we're really concerned about.What do you suggest?"
"Love her,"I replied.
"I told you, the feeling just isn't there anymore."
"Love her."
"You don't understand.The feeling of love just isn't there."
"Then love her.If the feeling of love isn't there, that's a good reason to love her."
"But how do you love when you don't love?"
"My friend, love is a verb. Love-the feeling- is a fruit of love, the verb. So love her. Serve her. Sacrifice. Listen to her. Emphatize. Appreciate. Affirm her. Are you willing to do that?""
-7 HEP
I am convinced that to study love, you have to study those who sacrifice for others, even for the people who offend or do not love in return, that's why I study Christ, and not dig up 'facts'. That man didn't have much faith, in fact he didn't even thought of stepping out.. he didn't know he could.. "Love is a value that is actualized through loving actions".

For this i am speechless, like i remember once when elvin's singing 'How deep the Father's love'. He couldn't sing and kept crying. i thought then, wow, something powerful. Now i know, it's the effect of the Father's love, too deep that he couldn't even describe it, yet at the same time he showed it perfectly. I am speechless, and as I continue my walk with Christ, I guess i'll still be..

No comments: