Saturday, April 18, 2009

worklife

Yup! Blogging about my workplace. It's called the center of innovation, in Ngee Ann Polytechnic. It's main purpose is to research, so those who are there seldom teach. Hence my job title-student researcher. A really a cool place to work in. Most of the things I do, I'll never have the opportunity to do it anywhere else. I get to learn so many things, that the learning curve is almost exponentially going up. While work might actually sound boring for all of you who's reading this, it's in fact fun for me. I'm venturing a lot into where I've never been before, and so I've been reading a lot of literatures on photonics, organic chemistry, etc.. The people working there is interesting, there are quite a few doctorates-everyone there has at least a master probably with honours. So the standard is pretty high, the level of professionalism is up there, and there's a spirit of excellence in that place-everyone is really an expert in what they do. I like my boss now, haha and I'm not trying to win favour! He is really like what my FYP supervisor, who recommended me to work here, said- someone who can really go far, and with a lot of experience under his belt.

This is the laboratory that I'm working in.

The equipments are state-of-art. Haha so to speak..


Haha I'm actually having to work inside the lab. there's no space at the office
so we have to make do inside. Otherwise the lab is strictly for experiments only.

Ok... for us not so strict la.. since already the lab is our office lol..
but yeah I'll make it a point to wear lab coat when I'm doing experiments..
the chemicals inside are really hazards, and I've seen a few incidents happening
already haha..

This analytical balance has accuracy up to 4 decimal points behind a gram!
And it's placed on a table called a measuring table.. wonder what's so special about it..
Probably it absorbs impact so that the readings won't be affected.


Even the bin is stylo.. lol
Yup! Thank God for this wonderful opportunity. It'll be a fruitful one.

No comments: